Since Friday I have been alone with the Jack-man. Mark swept up the girlies and hauled them off to Tahoe to spend some time with his co-workers and some of their families. I was invited, but I opted for a few quiet days with the boy instead.
It has been a decision I do not regret.
In the last 5 days I have had 3 naps, slept until 8 four times, cooked dinner once, and watched 4 movies. I have also successfully completed several errands that have been eluding me since November. (It is amazing what you can really put off if you want to) The rest of the time I have spent being completely selfish and indulgent which has included a bag of Lindor truffles. What can I say my life is bliss.
While they have been gone I have realized that Julia is almost ready to be hired as an after school secretary for a small company. They girl can email, call and text me at will. I think she could probably handle 3 or 4 phone lines with a little practice.
It is so wonderful to have kids and to also have the chance to miss them without the guilt of leaving them behind. As it stands Mark should be feeling really sad that I was left here for such a long time with the baby who has SO many needs.
I am going to work that angle for a while and see if I can get another bag of truffles.

4 comments:
yea for naps!!! (and chocolate of course) That is so great that you get some time. With one kid you can get alot done while they are sleeping... I'm trying to take advantage of this time myself.
Enjoy it baby--you deserve it!
That's amazing. It sounds like true bliss. Jack sounds like a dream come true. Is Julia available for hire? Sorry for not returning your email. I'm a serious slacker and will try to call you tomorrow. Miss you the most ever. :)
I had such a great time catching up with you at lunch the other day. You are so much fun to be around, and I wish you were closer!
Post a Comment