Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Are Leggings a form of pants?

(I look just like this in mine)

I was shopping today and bought a pair of leggings.

Now I am wondering if leggings are a form of tights, or are they more closely related to pants? I really need to know. I bought a sweater dress that is a little shorter than ideal, but I love it. I can't pair it with a skirt, it would ruin the look. And jeans would just make my bum huge. Leggings are the answer, unless they are tights and then I have a dilemma.

Tights are a decorative covering for your legs, they don't make up for the fact that your skirt is too short. I want me leggings to act in the same way as my pants, only cuter and more slimming.
I would never wear my tights without shielding the world from my derriere, and my "panty" line. I would apply the same courtesy if I were attired in leggings.

I am ready to rock my sweater and my leggings until I am so pregnant that the hem line creeps up my thigh.

(I guess if my leggings really are pants even that won't matter.)

3 comments:

Cory, Sarah and Grace said...

Oh, I hope you got the shiny ones =) What do they look like when you put them on? Do they look like tights? How thick is the material? I know I wore leggings as pants in the 90's (they were paisley I believe). As long as you are appropriately modest I think they are pants.

The Mostess said...

I kind of think tights and leggings are interchangeable, as long as your booty is covered up. I hate when people wear shirts that hit at their waist with leggings. Blech.

I would wear tights with boots, and leggings with flats. I base the debate on footwear.

You rock your cute little leggings!

Ashley said...

I think Kaari makes a good point about the footwear. I believe leggings are a breed of their own inbetween pants and tights, and that they will be the perfect thing to wear with your sweater dress.

I miss you by the way! Tyler and I were so excited to see you guys at the Kearl's party and then Charlie got sick so we had to bail.