I have been baking a bunch lately, (tis the season), and I find that I am using a lot of oil. (at 14 grams of fat a tablespoon people!) I was reading the bottle to figure out what is in the 4000 grams of fat in my pumpkin bread and all it says is Canola. What is a Canola?
My mom read something about canola and warned me of its evils, and that it was from Canada. ooh scary! I thought she was on a crazy tangent about the evils of importing from Canada. I just looked it up and there is no such thing as a canola; it is a totally made up word! It is from Canada and is a genetically engineered rape seed oil something. Great! I am stuffing my face with genetically engineered rape oil. Merry Christmas to me!
I think from now on I am going to stop looking up my food online. Inevitably there is some horror story about how everything I consume is secretly engineered to kill me. I was much happier eating my Canadian oil before I knew what it was.

2 comments:
It is much easier stuffing your face not knowing what it is made of. You deserve it during the Holidays. :)
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Oh no, something else I should stay away from, but don't have enough will-power to.
Someday I aspire to be healthy.
So impressed with your dolls. You are one talented woman. I could never do that.
Post a Comment