Sunday, October 5, 2008

We made it

Its hard to believe that we have been in our "new" house for a whole week. For so long I was itching to move and do something different, but after seeing how much stuff we really have, I may never move again. To be honest I barely packed a box...I think I actually packed a total of 4. Mark's mom came out to help and she packed over 100. I politely laid on the couch and vomited at will. I was beyond useless, but my mother-in-law is a saint and she just kept telling me how much fun it was for her to pack and arrange houses. She did it all with a smile.

She left on Wednesday :(, and things look pretty similar to when she left. I have the rest of my mortal life to unpack and arrange, so I am trying not to stress about all the boxes.

I am realizing how much I have taken having a landlord for granted all these years1`. I wish there were a little man with a deep wallet to call now that there are a million 57 year old things that need to be replaced. Even though it isn't all new or perfect it is fun that its ours. I know I will look back on our first year here and be glad we took the plunge.

Come and visit anytime!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

i held in my tears as i drove past the old ranch on homestead today :( it looks very sad and lonely. who knew what a difference a little landscaping could make? can't wait to come visit the new manor!

teuscher travels said...

Happy Birthday!! Hopefully the pukes give you a day off:) So glad you made it and your MIL sounds heaven sent!! I too drive by your house every morning and am sad not to see your white car an smile at your little family:( but happy for your fun new home!! There is plenty of time to unpack:) and hopefully you feel better soon!