I used to have a reverence for life. I am not a ruthless killer by nature, but ants in general have crossed the line. Therefore they must die. I spent the next 20 minutes drowning thousands and thousands of ants with the hose. It felt rather therapeutic. As they washed over the side of the cement they sought refuge on blades of grass. I felt a twinge of conscience and left them there to rot. I hope they learned their lesson and build their new home far far away.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The ants are not marching, because I drown them.
I was washing the muck off the patio, and disturbed a HUGE bed of ants living in one of the cracks in the cement.
I used to have a reverence for life. I am not a ruthless killer by nature, but ants in general have crossed the line. Therefore they must die. I spent the next 20 minutes drowning thousands and thousands of ants with the hose. It felt rather therapeutic. As they washed over the side of the cement they sought refuge on blades of grass. I felt a twinge of conscience and left them there to rot. I hope they learned their lesson and build their new home far far away.

I used to have a reverence for life. I am not a ruthless killer by nature, but ants in general have crossed the line. Therefore they must die. I spent the next 20 minutes drowning thousands and thousands of ants with the hose. It felt rather therapeutic. As they washed over the side of the cement they sought refuge on blades of grass. I felt a twinge of conscience and left them there to rot. I hope they learned their lesson and build their new home far far away.

4 comments:
Haha! Hopefully not far far away in your new home:) And I just have to say again how darling your hair is short! I love it and wish I had the awesome eyes to pull it off!
I don't blame you, sista!
Yuuuuuck!
Hi Abby! I found your blog on Sarah's. So fun to see what you've been up to. I am glad you are killing ants. You look fabulous as always!
Post a Comment