Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hellfire without damnation

I love so many things about summertime; swimming, Popsicles, the smell of sunscreen, fluffy towels, sand castles, flip flops and tan feet but there is an aspect of summer I could live without...the heat. I HATE the heat!

Right now my house is HOT AS HADES. I have a portable a/c unit and 5 fans going full blast and my living room it is a cool 92 degrees. Sweet. or should I say Sweat.

I think I am ready to buy into the whole global warming bunk. Surely it wasn't this hot last year in my house. I could have never tolerated it and stayed on for another year.

There is a song that comes to mind about home can be a heaven on earth..... I have revised it as follows...
Home can be (heck) on earth when it is filled with stale humid air, 3 young children, and a woman with perspiration pooling in her unmentionables. ( I took a little liberty with the tune, but you get what I mean)

I am off to stand in front of the fan, the unmentionables can only tolerate so much pooling.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Something is wrong when the bay area is hotter than Utah! I HATE being hot and sweaty and the only place that gets cool enough is your car full of ac, which I will pay any price for.

jenn goodman said...

92?? Oh sister!! It's 100 at 9AM here already. By noon? It's 115! Now THAT is hot!!! :)

I'm not complaining though. We go swimming at 6PM and are loooooving the AZ heat!

When's your big trip to Powell this year?? You taking the kiddos or going as a couple?

Love ya and miss you!
Jenn (Schlegel) Allen

PS. Loooove that you're blogging again!