This morning I was doing a little household/offspring maintenance. You know the regular bathe the baby, start the laundry kind of thing.
My cute boy had soaked through his jammies so when I stripped him for a bath, I set the pajamas in the sink until they could take a turn in the washer.
Somehow I also set his diaper in that pile of clothes. (His dirty diaper, not a clean one.) I washed him and put him down for a nap and tossed his jammies in the washer. (The diaper went in too!!!!)
I went to move the clothes to the dryer and I found the most horrifying stay-puffed marshmallow diaper you can ever imagine. Think Jaba the Hut in the local pool with a diaper on. It was that bad. And even worse the poo and stuff was all washed away. ( or is that a good thing?) I saved it and showed it to Mark. Let's just say his reaction was that he was impressed that the diaper could with stand prolonged agitation, and not concerned that his wife is the one left caring for the children.
Note to self: disposable diapers are not interchangeable with cloth

3 comments:
I love it...is this a result of little sleep and lots of chaos? I was pulling out clothes from the wash yesterday and as I did I found my sandal that I had been looking for for 2 days...oh wait that tells you how long the clothes sat in the wash???!!! Yikes
I love the visual image of Jabba the Hut in a diaper in the swimming pool...that totally made my night!
You are too funny! I love your posts! I cant believe it made it through the washer either...in class we cut one open(a clean one..) and it is kinda cooI if you are ever looking for something to do...
I couldnt post on the toothfairy but more often that not after 3 days for my mom telling me the toothfairy was busy and couldnt make it that night- she would disappear for a minute and come back to tell me we should go check again...the dollar had probably fallen behind the bed and she would check for me....she would then produce a dollar from under the bed that the tooth fairy had "left the night before"! and all was well:) The toothfairy should get more perks for all the remembering she has to do! but the behind the bed worked every time! still have to have that dollar though..... (sorry for the long post!)
Post a Comment