Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Addition of Baby Stella: a 10 day re-cap



Day 1: had a baby. No epidural, contractions were WICKED, no stitches, got a private room ---all was well

Day 2: ate hospital food and liked it, nursing is like slamming your boob in the door over and over, had lots of fun visitors, Stella stayed in the nursery, I slept all night.

Day 3:Mark and jack came to take me home, Jack is like a bull in a china shop, Stella is tiny in her carseat, went to target that night--bad idea, Stella slept like a champ

Day 4: Ate 3 chocolate glazed Stan's donuts, wandered around the house doing laundry, took Stella to the dr. cause she is as yellow as a crayon, brought Jack along to check if he had had a personality transplant, found out he had an ear infection :(, crawled through the attic to find pump parts--bad idea, crashed into bed at 8:30, Stella wanted to chat from 11 to 6, slept in until 11:30, Bless you Mark

Day 5: Ate chocolate chip cookies, did laundry, poured myself into my spanx, went to bed at 10, Stella wanted to chat from 1 to 5, realized that Chocolate may be the enemy ---very very sad

Day 6: had no chocolate, scrubbed the bath tub, mopped the floors, did more laundry, instituted a forced labor camp for children, picked my mom up from the airport. Went to the dr again cause I love to go there, Stella is now the color of skin instead of crayon, fell asleep at 8, Stella only chatted a normal amount, sleep deprivation stinks, Ava wet the bed

Day 7: Sent people to church after weeping and wailing over hair dos, kept jack and stuffed him in his bed by 10, took a nap in the garage of magical sleep, Jack melted down and couldn't eat dinner, I went to bed at 8 Stella didn't follow suit, Poor Mark

Day 8: Did the regular sweeping/cleaning, thought many nice thoughts about all the people who bring dinner and well wishes, prayed fervently that the babe would sleep, forgot to pray that everyone else would sleep, Stella slept, jack breathed loudly in my bed for 2 hours and intermittently patted my head and called me daddy

Day 9: Took Ava to target to look at birthday presents because she is sorely neglected, felt almost normal, went to a baby shower and stayed a tiny bit late, Stella slept all day and forgot to sleep at night, Ava forgot to wear a pull-up and SOAKED her bed, I had neglected to wash her sheets from the last incident, Ava slept on the floor, I studied my food storage while Stella and I chatted in the garage from 3 to 5, Mark chatted with her there for awhile too

Day 10: Conciously decided not to shower, decided not to clean anything, decided that the smell of spit up is tolerable on my sweatshirt, momentarily questioned my sanity, ate a little chocolate because I needed it, ( hoping Stella won't notice it tonight), prayed for everyone to sleep for a long long time, Stella......I am hoping I can put slept

I will fill in the blank tomorrow.

10 days almost down, an eternity to follow

10 comments:

SISSY said...

So glad I decided to check your blog! I wanted to see how that sweet Stella looked! She is adorable!!! I love this post, I am so sorry you had to live that while I sit here and laugh!!! :) I love ya, and am thinking of you and your new addition! Try to rest, and don't worry about the floors...

Casey Forese said...

Your awesome! Ally can't handle chocolate either...I still have it sometimes and the next day is always covered with barf. Stella is beautiful!

Curtis and Jennie said...

So hilarious! Curtis and I had a good laugh. I can just picture in my mind how everything is going. I hope mom is helping and not adding to the sanity!!

Ashley said...

I am sorry, I should be sympathetic but I am laughing out loud. You are too funny. You will love having this post to look back on. Ahh the slamming of the boob repeatedly in the door--brilliant. Is Jack better? I want to have him over. I'll come get him. And Ava too. How's Tuesday morning? And yes, it is time to stop cleaning!

britt said...

lol. abby I love you!! you are the best....but scare me about having 4 children. Here I am about to go home from the hospital and feel like I've never done this before. Oh what waits for me when I get home.... no more nurses to come and get her while I take a nap or sleep all night. But very fun non the less and you said it well, eternity is the thing we are working for in the long run...but why does earth life and it's moments feel like eternity sometimes?

The Plewe Clan said...

You are amazing! I really don't know how you do it...and still getting into those spanx...my kinda girl! Keep up the good work...and the funny blogs!

The Mostess said...

Oh my goodness girl! You are Superwoman!

Congrats!!

Alie said...

wow. i'm coming over too. you are hilarious- keep it up to keep you sane.

Raskills said...

Hilarious. I loved reading this post. But also made me tired for you. :) I think I should come over with cookies, help with laundry and bring Jack to my house to play with Audrey all afternoon (they need to get that relationship started asap ;)).

-Liz

Linsey said...

Abby, you are too funny. I think you may have talked me into baby #4.