I have been informed several times over the years that I named my children the wrong name.
I thought I did a fine job. Their names are easy to say and spelled finetically. I have yet to be asked the pronunciation or the gender of any of my children based on their name. Even the creepy automated computer voice form the doctors office is good to go with them.
Still my girls are sure I got it wrong. They think they should be called Rachel, Rebecca, Annie, Alyssa anything but what I chose for them. It is usually really funny to hear what name they are going to be each day, but gets hard for me to remember.
Me: "Girly, oh Girly come here and eat your peas, and wash behind your ears"
Girly: " I can't."
Me: "Why in the name of cheese not."
Girly: "Because my name is not Girly, its Mildrid"
Me: "fine Mildrid eat your peas"
In the next 2 minutes Mildrid has changed to Sara.
So girls you are getting your wish.
(these are their current names and will be their online names from now on)
Girly Number 1 I dub you miss Megan
Girly Number 2 I dub you miss Princess Sparkle (sparkle for short)
Golden boy is now known as Charlie or Lil' Chuck (you can't have a Charlie without having a little Chuck too.)

2 comments:
Abby,
This is so funny,We have had our own made up name issues. I have a post by the same name, but different reason. I am embroidering the poem for my boys room. Check it out.
Leah
This is my life with Taylor. I tell her that Taylor was my favorite name since I was in H.S. but she thinks that Julia is a much better name. Or Ellabella...I just can't get it right either. :)
Post a Comment