Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Tale of Two Kitties

This tale is still in the developing stages. So far is does involve a jail of sorts, and some minor events of torture and possible mental anguish. I am hoping there won't have to be any beheading. Only time will tell.

The basic details are that we got cats. Yes, I mean more than one. We have two 3 month old little tabbys. We are now cat people. ( That was really hard for me to type) We are not cat people like the lady who has 19 indoor cats and 9 outdoor cats, but to some, the number matters not.

Right now they are sequestered in the bathroom, aka the tiled prison, their only place to hide is....behind the toilet.

They are awaiting their fate of being kicked to the garage (or possibly the curb if my kids keep whining).
In the interim we send the girls in to help the cats in their transition. Helping with transition is really a kind name for little kitty torture.

Girl #1 has only forced one of their heads to the bottom of the water bowl for a "drink", and girl 2 swears that they like it when you drag them from behind the toilet by the leg. I am nervous that their are other methods of kitty doom in the developmental stages.

The poor little things are really cute and were friendly until yesterday. I am hoping that we can keep them from needing 24 medication from the trauma of becoming part of our family.

They stink, and are messier than I thought but for my kids I am willing to try and overcome my issues.

The girls are so happy.

If the cute little hairballs live I will be on the good mommy list for a long time.

I will keep you posted.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

this address is much easier! Glad to be the first to post. We need to come see these kittens! My kids woud flip over them. Austin might love them to death though... :)

Lindsey said...

You caved!!! Might I had, not 1, but 3??? Wow...best mom award. I am sure Ava is in kitty heaven.

Lindsey said...

add, not had

leakysieve said...

Not 3 kittens Linds, only 2. Thye are 3 months old. If we had 3 I would really be the cat lady. :)

The Plewe Clan said...

Kitties in the house...you are a brave mommy! I got one but it is outside only! Good luck keeping them alive.

leakysieve said...

These are headed outside/ the garage. My house is too full of kids to have cats inside too.

The Skeen's said...

Good luck with the kittens. Maybe you will evolve into the cat lady. We had a lady in our branch in Switzerland that had a cat that she brought to church every week in a bag. One day the cat died but he still kept coming to church..They are stalwart in Switzerland !

teuscher travels said...

Ok...let me just say EWWW, kitties are cute but then they become...."CATS"! I really hope owning cats(or even rats, hamsters or birds) is not a requirement for good parenting...because I will just have to accept being subpar. Best of luck!

Jenn said...

Been there done that. Went through 4 cats ... then we got a small, quiet dog! Phew, much easier!

Let me know when you get rid of the kitties and get a dog! ;)

DarbyM said...

you are one good Mommy. Our kids will never see a furry pet of anykind, and mommy gets off the hook because Daddy is alergic, sorry kids....it's Daddy's fault :)

Good luck.